"But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell". - Matthew 5:28-29


The first time I read these lines in my Bible, I was filled with a sense of discomfort. I still remember how I felt, I felt like this time God put the standards way too high for me even to try let alone reaching it. I wonder if I am the only single male who was disturbed inside when he read this part of the scripture. I want to put to words all that went through my head the first time I read this. By now, you might have understood that I have come to terms with what the Lord said. Initially, my argument went something like this, "God is the one who gave me the attraction towards the other sex when I hit puberty, How can Jesus say such a thing?", Its way over the top and I wish he never said it".

But years later, I know that Jesus made complete sense. Even if he did make sense is it possible for a young hormone- raging man to live a life without committing adultery in his heart?. History tells us that many people including the Pharisees went to great lengths to stop lustful thoughts from entering their minds. We also know how the Islamic people force their women to wear dresses revealing nothing. The Pharisees covered their heads with cloth and walked looking downwards so that they would not be tempted. This tells us two things, one, the Hebrew women were very beautiful, two, the Pharisees tried their best to keep the law. But, yet Jesus hated them. That is a totally different topic and I would not go there now.

"The LORD God said, " It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him"
Genesis 2:18

It seems like some of the helpers are not helping, they are bringing down men all over the world. Ladies, I am not generalizing that statement because there are many great women out there who I respect greatly. But, there are more so called celebrities who are being used by the devil to torment and seduce the youth of the church. Let me drive home the fact again. When Jesus said what he said in Matthew 5:28-29 he was sane and he meant exactly what he said. Please do not dilute the Word of God to what you want it to be. So, here's the question can you live a life where you don not lust after woman in your thoughts. A life where you look but you do not lust. Its like going back to childhood again some people say. Guess what Jesus said about going to heaven.


"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the Kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these" - Matthew 19:14

Yes, my brothers out there, who go through the struggle that I go through, we will have to be like children in some aspects of our lives. That is what Paul meant when he said "Be innocent of all evil". Only children can be innocent. In my next post, I will go through how young single men can lead a pure sexual life and the reward for doing so. I have very less time as my finals are drawing near, otherwise I would have wrote it in one go.

God bless you.